No products in the cart.
NRA Basic Rifle Certification
The rifle class is suitable for all ages and will give students a good foundation for enjoying shooting sports over a lifetime. Those attending will receive their NRA Basic Rifle Certification.
In the Basic Rifle Course, students will learn the skills they need to safely and confidently operate a rifle. Material covered will include:
- Rifle Knowledge and Safe Handling
- Ammunition Knowledge and Fundamentals of Rifle Shooting
- Firing the First Shots (includes cleaning and storage)
- Standing Rifle Shooting Positions
- Prone and Kneeling Rifle Shooting Positions
- Sitting Rifle Shooting Positions
- Rifle Sports and Activities
This course is around 14 hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; rifle parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling positions; cleaning, and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Rifle Shooting Student Examination, and course completion certificate.